Help with Federal Agencies

My office is happy to help you in your interactions with the agencies and offices of the federal government. This service, often called “casework,” is available to all North Dakotans and covers a variety of issues, from helping with passport applications to answering questions about social security or veterans benefits. While we can’t guarantee the outcome of your case, we’ll work to ensure that the federal government is responsive to your concerns and that your rights are respected.

Due to the Constitution’s separation of powers, I cannot assist in judicial or court matters, including child custody, divorce, trials or imprisonment. Additionally, as a United States Senator, I have no jurisdiction over state issues, such as welfare or state taxes. The North Dakota State Government website may have helpful information if you’re addressing a state issue.

If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact one of my state offices. To begin the casework process, fill out the privacy release form found here as well our form listed below, and print, sign, and send it to:

Senator John Hoeven
Attn: Casework 
123 Broadway North
Fargo, ND 58102

Note: By law, Members of Congress or their staff must have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual’s case.