Hoeven Statement in Observance of Veterans Day
BISMARCK, N.D. – Senator John Hoeven issued the following statement in recognition of Veterans Day. Hoeven, a member of the Senate Military Construction and Veterans Affairs Appropriations Committee, remains committed to ensuring veterans receive the care and services they have earned.
“Today and every day, we are indebted to the great American heroes who have fought to protect our nation. North Dakota has a rich tradition of military service and I remain committed to ensuring veterans receive the health care, benefits and recognition befitting of their service. God bless our veterans and their families.”
Over the past year, Hoeven has met with North Dakota veterans as they participated in trips to Washington, D.C., where they were honored for their service and had the opportunity to visit the national war memorials and Arlington National Cemetery. At the same time, the senator has worked to:
- Secure funding and approval for enhancements at the Fargo National Cemetery (FNC), including wind walls, a storage building and a fully-developed restroom. Hoeven is also working with the National Cemetery Administration to:
- Accommodate facilities being developed by the Fargo Memorial Honor Guard.
- Expand FNC by 30 additional acres to provide adequate burial space for the future.
- Introduce and pass legislation to allow National Guard and Reserve members to be buried in state veterans cemeteries without those cemeteries losing access to federal grants.
- Help pass legislation to ensure that veterans from all eras suffering from conditions related to toxic exposure during their service receive the health care and benefits they have earned.
Next Article Previous Article