Hoeven Statement After Helping to Introduce Resolution to Support Cuban Protestors
WASHINGTON – Senator John Hoeven issued the following statement after joining Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) to introduce a resolution supporting the Cuban people’s ongoing protest against the current regime.
“This resolution makes clear that we support the people of Cuba who are bravely standing up against the communist regime,” said Hoeven. “We stand with the people of Cuba as they demand freedom and a better future.”
- Expresses support for the people of Cuba
- Calls on the Cuban government to respect the rights of the Cuban people, release political prisoners, and refrain from physical violence
- Urges broad, international support for the protests
- Urges President Biden to coordinate multilateral condemnations of the Cuban government’s oppression and sanctions on the regime
- Urges the President and the Secretary of State to publicly condemn the violence, arbitrary arrests, persecution, threats and intimidation against the people of Cuba
In addition to Senators Hoeven and Rubio, Senate Resolution 303 was also sponsored by Senators Kevin Cramer, Mitch McConnell, Roger Marshall, Lindsey Graham, Marsha Blackburn, Rick Scott, Steve Daines, John Kennedy, Tim Scott, Thom Tillis, Shelly Moore Capito, Ted Cruz, Tom Cotton, Mike Braun, John Barrasso, James Lankford, Josh Hawley, Jerry Moran, Roy Blunt, Jim Risch, Jim Inhofe and Cindy Hyde-Smith.
Next Article Previous Article