Hoeven Arranges Meeting to Resolve Agriculture Rail Shipping Delays, Amtrak Service in N.D.
Senator to Bring Together BNSF, Crystal Sugar, Farmers Union to Seek Solutions
WASHINGTON – Senator John Hoeven today announced that he will bring together senior officials of BNSF Railway, American Crystal Sugar and Farmers Union to help resolve agriculture shipping delays this winter. Hoeven also plans to address delays in AMTRAK service in North Dakota.
“BNSF and our producers need to find a solution that moves sugar and other agricultural products to market in a timely fashion,” Hoeven said. “We’re bringing all the principals to the table to discuss measures that can be taken in both the short and long -term to address the challenge.”
Scheduled to participate in the meeting are:
- John Doxsie , President of United Sugars, Inc.
- Jim Johnson, President of U.S. Beet Sugar Association
- Mark Watne, President of the North Dakota Farmers Union
- David Berg, CEO and President, American Crystal Sugar Co.
- Matt Rose, Executive Director of BNSF Railway
Next Article Previous Article