Hoeven Announces Nearly $9.8 Million in Grants for North Dakota Airports
WASHINGTON – Senator John Hoeven, a member of the Senate Transportation, Housing and Urban Development Appropriations Committee, today announced that the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has awarded grants totaling $9,783,498 for airports in North Dakota, including:
- Minot International Airport – $2,164,051 to reconstruct apron and taxiway pavement and provide additional aircraft parking.
- Cando Municipal Airport – $1,538,000 to rehabilitate the apron, taxiway and runway pavement.
- Robert Odegaard Field Airport in Kindred – $1,200,000 to improve airport drainage and replace the airport’s wind cone.
- Hettinger Municipal Airport – $970,803 to construct a new taxiway and reconstruct existing taxiway.
- Rolla Municipal Airport – $600,000 to construct a hangar building and hangar apron.
- Glen Ullin Regional Airport – $450,000 to improve runway and taxiway lighting systems and replace the wind cone.
- Linton Municipal Airport – $445,000 to rehabilitate runway, install an airport beacon and airfield guidance system and replace the airport’s wind cone.
- Harvey Municipal Airport – $438,666 to rehabilitate the apron, taxiway and runway pavement.
- Hutson Field Airport in Grafton – $395,898 to rehabilitate apron, taxiway and runway pavement, as well as the taxiway lighting system.
- Lakota Municipal Airport – $350,000 to construct a fuel facility and service road.
- Lisbon Municipal Airport – $250,000 to update the airport master plan.
- Mercer County Regional Airport – $180,000 to rehabilitate apron, taxiway and runway pavement.
- Devils Lake Regional Airport – $155,480 to install taxiway lighting.
- Bottineau Municipal Airport – $150,000 to help construct a terminal building.
- Walhalla Municipal Airport – $150,000 to rehabilitate runway pavement.
- Barnes County Municipal Airport – $120,600 for guidance systems and lighting.
- Washburn Municipal Airport – $81,000 to construct a fuel facility.
- Cavalier Municipal Airport – $76,500 for guidance systems, lighting and a new wind cone.
- Tioga Municipal Airport – $67,500 to reconstruct apron pavement and taxiway.
“Local airports are very important to our state’s growing economy and today’s investments will help these airports continue to safely and efficiently meet the needs of their communities,” said Hoeven.
Next Article Previous Article