Help With Federal Agencies

My office is happy to help you in your interactions with the agencies and offices of the federal government. This service, often called “casework,” is available to all North Dakotans and covers a variety of issues, from helping with passport applications to answering questions about social security or veterans benefits.  While we can’t guarantee the outcome of your case, we’ll work to ensure that the federal government is responsive to your concerns and that your rights are respected.

Due to the Constitution’s separation of powers, I cannot assist in judicial or court matters, including child custody, divorce, trials or imprisonment. Additionally, as a United States Senator, I have no jurisdiction over state issues, such as welfare or state taxes. The North Dakota State Government website may have helpful information if you’re addressing a state issue.

If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact one of my state offices. To begin the casework process, fill out the following form, and print, sign, and send it to:

Senator John Hoeven
Attn: Casework
1802 32nd Avenue S.
Fargo, ND 58103


Note: By law, Members of Congress or their staff must have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual’s case.

Authorization Form

Note: Fields marked with an * are required.

In accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974, I give Senator John Hoeven authority to act on my behalf.

Your Information


Nature of Problem

Print This Form

Use the Generate Request button to produce the document to authorize my office to help you. Then sign it and mail it to the address shown on the document. Please include any other documents or material that you think would help my office help you.

1 2 3 4 5 6
Washington D.C.
338 Russell Senate Office Bldg.
Washington DC, 20510
Phone: 202-224-2551
Fax: 202-224-7999
Bismarck, ND
US Federal Building
220 East Rosser Avenue
Room 312
Bismarck, ND 58501
Phone: 701-250-4618
Fax: 701-250-4484
Fargo, ND
1802 32nd Avenue South
Room B
Fargo, ND 58103
Phone: 701-239-5389
Fax: 701-239-5112
Grand Forks, ND
Federal Building
102 North Fourth Street
Room 108
Grand Forks, ND 58203
Phone: 701-746-8972
Minot, ND
100 1st Street SW
Suite 107
Minot, ND 58701
Phone: 701-838-1361
Fax: 701-838-1381
Western North Dakota
Williston, ND
Phone: 701-580-4535